Office of the Trust Special Administrator – Clarification for Beckenham
After making enquiries about the future of the Beacon, the Office of the Trust Special Administrator (TSA) contacted our Association to issue an official clarification to their draft recommendations regarding services in Beckenham. Most importantly it advises that the Beacon will not close. The South London Healthcare Trust (SLHT) will no longer provide services at the Beacon and Bromley CCG will decide what services are to be provided there in the future. Please find a link to the clarification and other reports below.
- Clarification: Office of the Trust Special Administrator – clarification on draft recommendations
- Summary of the TSA’s recommendations:www.tsa.nhs.uk/sites/default/files/Summary%20of%20TSA%20recommendations.pdf
- Full draft report: www.tsa.nhs.uk/sites/default/files/TSA-DRAFT-REPORT-WEB.pdf
NHS Bromley Clinical Commissioning Group (Bromley CCG, also currently known as Bromley PCT) and the Beacon
Future of the Princess Royal Hospital (PRU)
What residents should do
- Share this information with your neighbours, friends and family affected. Not everyone has internet access, why not invite them in to show them the documents, and help/encourage them to respond to the consultation online or by snail mail. The SLHT going into administration is causing the biggest shake up of healthcare provision in South London for decades, it’s important we all have our say.
- Respond the the TSA consultation by 13 December 2012. Not sure what to say… Our MP Bob Stewart suggested that residents should just tell the TSA what they want. What healthcare services do you want at The Beacon, The PRU and Lewisham Hospital? What concerns do you have? Responses to the consultation do not need to be more complicated than that. Respond to the consultation: www.tsa.nhs.uk/tell-us-what-you-think. If you cannot respond online, please call freephone 0800 953 0110 or email email@example.com to request a hardcopy of the consultation response form to be posted to you.
- Attend the TSAs Public Meeting in Bromley, closest one is on Mon 26 Nov at 10am, Bromley Court Hotel, Bromley Hill, Bromley, Kent BR1 4JD. Or Thurs 22 Nov at 7pm at Crofton Halls, Crofton Road, Orpington, Kent BR6 8PR. Or Mon 3 Dec at 2pm at Crofton Halls, Crofton Road, Orpington, Kent BR6 8PR.
- Write to the Bromley CCG should you have any concerns about future commissioning of services at the Beacon. Bromley CCG, Bassetts House. Broadwater Gardens, Orpington BR6 7UA.