Lots of free things to do around Beckenham Town Centre on Saturday 19 October.
- Take a miniature version of the Heritage trail and get a goodie bag.
- Meet Mr and Mrs Becks from our town sign, Charlie Chaplin and other historical characters.
- Check out a vintage fire engine parked outside the old fire station.
- Pick up some free toffee apples and marshmallows (while stocks last).
- See a Punch and Judy Show outside Sainsbury’s forecourt.
- Enjoy some free entertainment on Beckenham Green: 1920-40’s Saxophone Quartet from Beckenham, Andrews Sisters Tribute, David Bowie Tribute.
- Visit the Ponies on Beckenham Green – yes there will be real ponies, they’ll even be doing a trick show. Kids can ride the Ponies too, although there is a charge for this.
There will also be lots of great hot food, produce and craft to buy from 10am at the Market, plus vintage fair rides for the kids. Check out the market page to see which stalls are confirmed so far.
At 11am the Heritage Trail will be officially opened and there will be a Tree Planting Ceremony to mark the launch of the trail and commemorate lives lost in the 1944 bombing on the site of The Green.