The Copers Cope Area Residents’ Association has been working hard with the Council to bring you an amazing Christmas event in Beckenham. Saturday 5th December is a great day to be in Beckenham with so much going.
Our local produce and craft market will be open from midday to 6pm, with special guests, free live entertainment, hot food, drinks, over 40 stalls, children’s funfair, Candlelit Procession through the town and the Christmas Light Switch On extravaganza.
- Cinderella (look-a-like)
- Real life reindeer on Beckenham Green
- Santa’s Elves making balloon models to give away
- Mr and Mrs Becks
- Father Christmas
The will be a funfair plus live entertainment on stage:
- 12.30 – Cinderella Christmas Party from Brilliant Birthdays
- 13.0o – Hayley Ince local soul songstress
- 13.3o – RCCG Inner Court Church Choir sings gospel and soul favourites
- 14.00 – Love2Dance Beckenham dance school
- 14.30 – Hayley Ince local soul songstress
- 15.00 – TBC (get in contact if you area local group wishing to take this stage slot)
- 15.30 – TBC (get in contact if you area local group wishing to take this stage slot)
- 16:00 – Churchfields Community Choir
- 16.30 – FiL Straughan, a musical tour de force, powerful vocalist & versatile entertainer
- 17.00 – Haverettes Marching Band leading the Candlelit Procession arrives at the stage for the Christmas Light Switch On and Sing-a-long
Copers Cope Candlelit Procession from 4.30pm
The Copers Cope Annual Candlelit Procession is a little bit bigger, those little Residents’ Association Elves have been busy making 600 free child-safe lanterns, give them your support your by joining up.
- 4.30pm – Meet outside the Post Office from 4.30pm on Rectory Road to collect a lantern and enjoy some music from the Salvation Army Band.
- 4.45pm – Line up behind the Haverettes All Girls Marching Band will lead the procession down the High Street (sorry traffic) to Beckenham Green. Look out for the Carol Singers from our local churches on the way plus all the festive windows taking part in the Best Winter Wonderland Dressed Window Competition.
Christmas Light Switch On 5.30pm
The Candlelit Procession will arrive at Beckenham Green and gather in front of the stage for the Switching On of Beckenham’s Christmas Lights at 5.30pm. Look out for song sheets being passed round for the festive sing-a-long.
Above details were correct at time of writing but may be subject to change. Subscribe to the Market On The Green Mailing List.