Copers Cope Safer Neighbourhood Team (SNT
- Telephone 0208 721 2772
- Email: email@example.com
- Please note these are not monitored 24/7. In an emergency please call 999 or if the matter is non urgent but requires a Police response please dial 101
Copers Cope PCs
- Police Sergeant Rob Goodwin PS 16 PY
- Police Constable Fabio Zema PC 318PY
- Police Community Support Officer Julie Oldfield PCSO 7256PY
The borough priority is to reduce MOPAC 7 Crimes. The MOPAC 7 priority crimes are crimes which have a high impact on victims, they are: burglary, criminal damage, robbery, theft from a motor vehicle, theft from a person, theft of a motor vehicle and violence with injury.
For more information visit:
Our Promises to you
We set our promises at our regular Ward Panel Meetings where we meet with representatives from the community to discuss the local priorities. If you would like to take an active role in helping to improve your local community then contact us about joining. We would love to hear from you.
1. Parking around the Citroen garage in Copers Cope Road, we have patrolled the area to check on any vehicles that are parked illegally. We are also in contact with the council parking wardens.
2. Tackle Anti-Social Behaviour (ASB) in West Gate Road, street drinkers & dog fouling around The Green & St. George’s Church. We patrol areas where this has taken place and use powers available to us to combat these problems.
3. Pubs & Clubs on the weekend, there are on going operations to tackle problems involving rowdy anti social behaviour. We are also in contact with the different bars and cctv so we know where the problems are coming from.
What has the team been up to?
The team arranged a speeding operation in Copers Cope Road on the 4th June with the Safer Transport Team. Two vehicles were given tickets for speeding. We were also approached by several residents who thanked us for our efforts. If there are any roads you believe we should be checking please contact the team.
We are continuing with our Business Watch scheme to aid local shops in identifying local shoplifting suspects. We will be giving shops pictures of suspects (no names) who are known to frequent the High Street. This will be an ongoing project and hopefully see a reduction in shop lifting offences.
We have finally managed to get a new Copers Cope Ward Panel together and held our first meeting on the 13th June. These meetings are a chance for you to share any issues you have and these refect in our ward promises and priorities. If you wish to join our ward panel please contact the team.
The ward panel has agreed the following promises:
- Parking problems around the Citroen garage in Copers Cope Road
- Anti Social Behaviour
- Problems around pubs and clubs at the weekend
- The ward priorities are:
- Vehicle crime – theft from / theft off vehicles
- Shop lifting
- Sat 30th July: Public Surgery at Waitrose Southend Road 4.00 – 5.00
- Tues 23rd August: Public Surgery at Waitrose Southend Road 12.00 – 1.00
- Wed 28th September: Public Surgery at Waitrose Southend Road 1.00 – 2.00
As well as having drop-in surgeries in Waitrose we will also be arranging dates once a month in Star Bucks. If you fancy a coffee and a chat please come and join us. We will put out dates in future letters.
Bromley Safer Transport team also hold regular cycle marking events across the bromley borough details of future events can be found on: www.metpolice.uk/teams/transportse/bromley/
General Crime Overview
We are always looking for residents to join our Neighbourhood Watch and also for people to act as co-ordinators in their local area. If you are interested in helping to make Beckenham a safer place then please contact us on the details above. You can make a real difference in making Beckenham a safer place.
Our main problem at the moment is shoplifting in the High Street. We are hoping to combat this by means of regular patrols we have also started a business watch scheme where we share images of known suspects with shops and encouraging the use of the shop safe radio that several shops use to contact local Police and Bromley cctv.
Burglary also continues to be a main issue, particularly garage and shed burglaries. These offences have been taken place recently in areas close to The Drive and Rectory Road.
Vehicle crime, theft from motor vehicles, in particular vans where tools have been taken. If you are having any work done at your address please warn the owner to lock their vehicles and to have any valuables hidden from view.
Our locally complied crime statistics can be sent separately if you wish to receive these please contact us on the details above. Please note these are compiled by the local team and may vary slightly from those supplied by others.