Works at Beckenham Junction are due to finish tomorrow Sunday 12 March 2017. Work will then start on Phases’ 1 and 2 of the Town Centre Improvement Project. This will run from Beckenham Green to Thornton’s Corner, Phase 1 (13 March to 4 June) on the Beckenham Green side of the road and Phase 2 (5 June to 25 August) on the Marks and Spencer side of the road.
During this time the following diversions will be in place travelling South/West bound.
- Route 54 towards Elmers End – from Southend Road’s junction with Rectory Road, turning right onto Rectory Road, then back to its normal line of route from the War Memorial.
- Route 162 towards Eltham – from Rectory Road’s junction with Southend Road via Albemarle Road, St George’s Road and Bromley Road back to line of route.
- Route 227 towards Crystal Palace – from Bromley Road’s Junction with Manor Road, travelling ahead on Manor Road, ahead again on High Street before joining its usual line of route.
- Route 354 towards Penge – from Southend Road’s junction with Rectory Road, turning right onto Rectory Road, joining its normal line of route at the War Memorial.
- Route 367 towards West Croydon Bus Station – from Bromley Road’s junction with Manor Road, ahead on Manor Road, ahead again on High Street then back to normal line of route.
- Route N3.: towards Oxford Circus from Wickham Road’s junction with Manor Road, left onto Manor Road, ahead onto High Street then back to normal line of route.
Routes 194, 358 352 are unaffected.
Two temporary bus stops have been installed:
- Rectory Road (opposite the tram stop), diverted buses will also use existing bus stop W near Vicarage Drive (used by route 352).
- St George’s Road (stop Z, near Bromley Road) between March and mid-August 2017 for route 162 towards Eltham only.
Further information can be found on the TfL website, www.tfl.gov.uk/BusChanges