10am to 4pm Saturday 20 May on Beckenham Green
This market is a must for dog owners. The Beckenham Business Association is running a Novelty Dog Competition, so bring your 4-legged friends along for a fun Show.
Of course we have some fabulous stalls, food and free entertainment, find out more below. Never miss a market get on the mailing list.
Novelty Dog Competition
- 10.30 am – 11.00 am – Best Biscuit Catcher & Waggiest Tail
- 12.30 pm – 1.00 pm Fancy Dress (dog) and Cutest puppy (6-12 months)
- 1.30 – 2.00 pm – Fastest Sausage Eater & Best OAP Dog (over 7 years)
- 3.00 – 3.30 pm – Best Trick & Longest Eyelashes
There is no limit to the number of categories you can enter with your dog/s, just £1 per dog, per category entered.
The event is expected to be over-subscribed so please ensure you book early to enter your dog. Please remember to bring along your poopa-scoopa and waste bag.
Hula Hoop Workshop courtesy of BamBam Hoops between 10am and 2pm. Kids and adults a like can have a go at Hula Hooping, its lots of fun great exercsie and free of charge… so why not give at whirl.
Live On Stage Live On Stage
- 11:00 – Magical Mermaid Kids Dance Party – come along and meet Ariel (look-a-like)
- 11:30 – Alan Czarkowski’s improvisational a melodic rock-blues
- 12:30 – Little Diamonds (7 girl band) and Spy Ravens (4 boy band) from Balgowan Primary School.
- 13:00 -Alan Czarkowski’s improvisational a melodic rock-blues
- 14:00 – Churchfield’s Primary School Choir
- 14: 30 – Bianca Nicholas local songstress.
- 15:00 – local singer and guitarist James
Stalls and hot food Stalls and hot food
- Aspect Jewellery – local made jewellery.
- Bray’s Bees – Kentish honey.
- Catford Modelers – paint and take pottery for the kids.
- Channytta’s Arts & Crafts – Hand made in Beckenham crafts.
- Cranbrook Conserves – Kent made jams, conserves and chutneys
- Daniel’s Fine Fruit Emporium – Kent fruits.
- DM Clothing – ladies scarfs and clothing.
- Echoes of Velvet Soaping Company – luscious soaps.
- Elle Jane Designs – hand made cards and notelets.
- Elvira’s Secret Pantry – artisan Italian gluten free baked goods.
- Emily Brand Artwork – local artist
- Framerstamp – high quality framed stamps.
- Grand Cru – Beckenham’s very own Fine Wine Merchant.
- Greek Speciality Olives – Olives and more.
- Jerk Spice – vibrant Caribbean Street Food.
- Kentish Stores – new to the market, selling Kents finest produce and wares.
- Grenville Allen Fine Art – poppy pictures that zing, paintings of ducks and cats that are truly alive, and landscapes that speak volumes.
- Marsh Produce – rare breed lamb & pork, beef, free range poultry, homemade burgers and sausage and now Kent cheese.
- Mel Smith Designs – housewares with Mel’s modern-retro designs.
- Mexican Gems – Mexican inspired jewellery.
- Millbrook Pottery – handmade Beckenham Pottery.
- Nip from The Hip – fruit liqueurs made with locally sourced fruit.
- Nou Moods –
- Paula’s Delicious – Guyanan classics such as roti, curry goat & chicken, salt fish, rice.
- Potash Cobnuts – Kent Cobnut produce.
- Preserved Passions – made in Beckenham jams, chutneys and relishes.
- Sapore Vero – Beckenham wood fired pizza.
- Sevenoaks Candles – Kentish artisan candles
- St George’s Church – local church next to The Green.
- Sweet Nostalgia Fudge – Kentish hand made fudge.
- The Mobile Coffee Bean – gourmet coffee and tea.
- The Chocolate Hut – Kent made cakes and treats.
- Three Hounds Beer Company – locally produced beer.
- Tree Jewellery by Rae –
- Turnaround Wood – Hand turned wooden bowls and other items.
- Two Girls in Stitches – children’s clothes and textiles.
The above information correct at time of writing but may be subject to change. The above information correct at time of writing but may be subject to change.
Market On The Green is a local produce and craft market organised by Copers Cope Area Residents’ Association with Kent food, live entertainment, arts & crafts and fun fair. The outdoor market is held 3 to 4 times a year on our pretty Beckenham Green (High Street, Beckenham BR3 5JG).
Market dates for 2017 are:
- 20 May
- 8 July
- 23 September
- 2 December
Stall pitches are available to local produce suppliers, craft groups and artisans to promote and sell their wares and/or to provide interactive ‘have-a-go’ workshops/activities. Stallholders must provide their own gazebos/tables and have public liability insurance. Entertainment slots are available for local acts (bands, choirs, entertainers, dance troupes, theatre groups etc) to perform and promote their organisation. All enquiries by email to email@example.com, subscribe to the Market On The Green Mailing List.